Friday, February 1, 2008

Seriously...are you kidding me?!?

Welcome once again to what I fondly like to call my "Seriously..are you kidding me?!?" favorite police call of the night.

AND THE WINNER IS....

ME: 911, what is your emergency?

Ryan: (child sniffling) Can you send a policeman out to talk to my mom?

ME: What's going on there?

Ryan: My mom took my (not sure what he said here)...

ME: Your mom took your what? I couldn't understand what you said.

Ryan: My mom took my teddy bear. My teddy bear with a backpack.

ME: What is your name?

Ryan: Ryan

ME: How old are you Ryan?

Ryan: 8yrs old.

ME: Why did your mom take your teddy bear with the backpack on it?

Ryan: Because I won't do my homework.

(This is where I am quietly screaming inside, "SERIOUSLY!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!)

ME: Well Ryan, it sounds to me like your mom is being a mom. Maybe if you do your homework you will get your teddy bear back.

Ryan: (Sounding disappointed that I told him to do his homework) Yeah, I guess.

ME: Ryan, if I have to send a policeman to your house tonight it will be to talk to you. He will be very disappointed that you didn't listen to your mom and do your homework.

And Ryan, don't ever call 911 again for something like this...ever.

Ryan: (quietly) ok...

10 comments:

Mari said...

I guess you hear it all on your job, don't you? You gave the right response. Hope he learns something from it.

connorcolesmom said...

LOL!!!
That was so funny!!
It reminds me of my 8 yr old getting mad at me the other day when he had to do his spelling wrods and was a being a royal pain in the ...
Well he said "I am just going to go and live with memaw and grandaddy!"
I said "ok do you remember what memaw's does for a living?"
His eyes got big and he said "yes"
I said "ok good b/c she is a principal and you better believe she will make you do your homework and she doesn't want your attitude either"
Well he did his homework after that :)
I love your 911 calls by the way!!
They are too funny!
I am so sorry I have not been around in awhile - it has been a bit much lately!
I love you my friend!
Kim

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious!!!!
There is another contest going on for a new blog look...same company, different host...they have adorable designs :)
http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2008/02/review-giveaway-sweet-simple-design.html

Rebekah said...

At least it wasnt the mother calling to have the Police come make her kid do his homework.

I just wonder what the behind-the-scenes were at the house before he called. Did the mother know he was calling? My kids would never think to call 911 because they got grounded

Just another fun day at work ;)

sharon brobst said...

too funny....make you wonder...

A Stone Gatherer said...

Yeah I wonder if the mom knew too! I love what you said, straight to the point, yet loving! Just stopped by from "The World of Chelle" for the first time.

AlaneM said...

Awwwww. Cute & funny from my POV but from yours, not so much! I'm sure if I did what you do I'd be screaming in my head too :)

Jess said...

Awww... poor Ryan. :)
I'm like Rebekah - I'm surprised it wasn't the mom looking for 'backup'!
Makes for a great story anyway!

Chelle' said...

I saw Mr. Linky today... and he said, "I'm first"... so I agreed and well, now I too will be a part of Thankful Thursdays.

:-)

Chelle' said...

I saw Mr. Linky on your sidebar today... and he said, "You're first"... so I agreed and well, now I too will be a part of Thankful Thursdays.

:-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin