Sunday, September 30, 2007

Show me Your glory.



“But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8

Being the ‘word’ girl that I am, I am constantly looking up definitions to words. The time I spend in dictionaries is not exclusive to words that I have never heard before. For the most part, I search the meanings to words that I believe I know already. Oh, what surprises I have found when looking up words that I thought I already knew. Recently the word that I looked up was, ‘demonstrates’. The Noah Webster 1828 dictionary defines demonstrates this way: To show or prove to be certain; to prove beyond the possibility of doubt or to be rendered certain to the mind.

Recently while in a Bible study I was reminded of the above scripture in Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” The teacher went on to share that God does not desire to be hidden. If we would only seek Him, He wants to show us in so many ways how much He loves us. I needed to be reminded that God does not get some cosmic pleasure in playing hide n’ go seek with His children. Jeremiah 29:13 says, “And you will seek Me and find [Me], when you search for Me with all your heart.” It does not say that when you search for me I will find a better hiding place. God desires to be seen and desires for us to see Him in our lives. Our part is seeking Him in prayer and in His word and not being afraid to ask Him just as Moses did in Exodus 33:18 “I pray you show me Your glory.”nasb

So often people will ask Christians how they believe in an invisible God. My response to that is, “You believe in the invisible laws of gravity, in protons and electrons, black holes and the unseen laws of physics. Just as gravity has proven itself to be a real thing so too has my Lord and savior proven Himself real and true in my life.”

The picture above is one of my favorites of my children. What an example to me of His glory in my life. In this image, not only do I see His glory in the crashing of the ocean waves, but I also see four of His most precious gifts to their father and I. Another example of how He has demonstrated His love for me. Remember friends, demonstrates means to prove to be certain. If we would only ask Him for Spiritual eyes to see His glory, He will show Himself in our lives. He is faithful to do just that.

2 comments:

Aly said...

"If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you." Exodus:33:13

"Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way." Psalm 25:8-9.

Awesome picture, Joanne!

I find your zest for learning the definitions of words one of the most endearing things about you! You bring great insight into what otherwise would have been a "cursory" reading of chapter or verse by reminding us that God placed each word in the bible with a specific meaning and purpose. Glorious, indeed!

Love,

a.

Angela said...

OH The TRUTHS that written here!

I have spent the last hour reading through your blog. (I posted a comment under my favorite post)
Your blog seems refelective of a home full of love that is directly reflected from God.

The photo here is so gorgeous!

Thank you for commenting on my blog and listing me in your favorites : )

God bless you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin