Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Blessed...Books-Tuesday


Have you ever read a book that stays with you forever? I know, I know, the Bible is that kind of book for you. But I am talking about a book written by earthly hands and heart? "Beautiful in God's Eyes" by Elizabeth George is that book for me. So encouraging was this book for me, that I created my email address to be Proverbs31wife@comcast.net. Now, this is not to proclaim to the world that I have achieved this goal. On the contrary, it is to remind me daily of what I aspire to be. Because to be quite honest with you all, some days I am only a Proverbs 4 1/2 wife!

This beautiful book goes through Proverbs 31, verses ten through thirty-one. Explaining and defining the virtuous woman that we all long to be. I have met many women in my walk with the Lord who are intimidated by Proverbs 31. I can see them tense up when a teaching is going to be covered on these scriptures. I have never felt that way. Don't get me wrong, I do find it challenging, but I LOVE a good challenge. And obviously the Lord does too, if He has laid out this plan for godly womanhood.





Whether you are one of the women who stays away from Proverbs 31, or you are one that digs in with a voracious appetite. You will be blessed by this book, and most especially, so will your family.





4 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

I'll have to add that one to my ever growing list of books to read! When will summer get here?!!!

Amy Wyatt said...

A Woman After God's Own Heart by her is also excellent. I hightlly recommend it.

Amy said...

I think I might check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Anonymous said...

I came by to say thanks for visiting my WW post. A dear friend of mine highly recommended Mrs. George's books to me. I may make this one one of the first I read. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin