Sunday, December 14, 2008

Boo Mama's Christmas Open House!Thank you Boo MaMa!

BooMamaChristmasTour






Welcome, it's so nice to have you stop by. Please, come on in. And no, you don't have to take your shoes off, unless of course you want to. We have four children so there is nothing that you can do to mess up our house that hasn't been done already.

Please don't peek under the beds or look in the closets. I have stuffed all of my dustbunnies and dirty laundry there for the time being. You must be pooped from running all over the blogosphere, from house to house. Just sit back and relax while I take you on a quick tour!




I'd love to introduce you to my four helpers, Meghan, Samuel, Grace and David. They worked with me for three hours to get our tree decorated and our house ready for you! (Now where is Dad anyway?)




Here is our Christmas tree. We go to the same little mom and pop Christmas farm each year. Usually we buy whatever is in the burn pile for a pittance of the price of most tree lots. This year we were talked into cutting it down. Kids can be so persuasive sometimes, can't they?




This precious ornament is one of my favorites. Our son David made it in Kindergarten. It has a teeny tiny picture of his face glued on. Our yellow lab amputated his right arm and we had to put it back together with crazy glue one year. Thankfully the surgery was a success.



This antique Victorian bell ornament was given to me by one of my mother's dearest friends. It came with special instructions that we were to ring it every Christmas Eve in memory of my mother. It looks almost identical to the bell ornament in the movie It's a Wonderful Life. Our children take a turn ringing it each holiday. Most years we start off our Christmas tree decorations with an ornament-argument over whose turn it is. Since Meghan may be leaving for college next Fall, the kids decided she could ring it this year.



I bought this Precious Moments nativity when I was a teenager. Joseph is missing his staff, one of the shepherds has lost his staff too, and one little sheep is lost. Oh the joys of children.




My daughter Meghan painted the framed picture of the Christmas tree when she was in grade school. I just love it.



Poor Santa, he already looks pooped!




Now that the kids are older, I can put out my Christmas tea set. Have I mentioned to you yet that my favorite Christmas movie ever is It's a Wonderful Life? I love the framed movie poster there, a reminder to me that no matter what...my life is pretty wonderful too.




I add a bit of Christmas cheer in my kitchen too.



My garage sale chandelier gets spruced up with a bit of spruce.




What fun this has been! Let me show you to the door. Please forgive me for not offering you any homemade goodies. My helpers and I won't be baking until next week. I do promise to have something extra fattening for you when you stop by next year.


Merry Christmas!


53 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it all but my favorite part is the arch, just beautiful. Thanks for having us.

Ashley said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the scripting over your arches. I plan on doing a lot of this in our next home, where we'll be for a few years once we move. I love how you have marked your home with Scripture...and the Christmas decorations are so pretty! Come visit me and my house (blog)!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Your home is beautifully decorated! I love the verses on the wall! I know that's not christmas, but I so want to do that at my house, but am scared to try!!!

Mari said...

Joanne - Your home is decorated so beautifully and every time I see them I'm reminded of how much I like those verses on your wall!

Beth in NC said...

That was fun! You have a beautiful home and I love love love the scripture painted over the archway!

Beautiful!

Love,
Beth

Sara@iSass said...

Your home is beautiful. I love the arch and the window in the cut through...that is so clever. Is it special? I also love the stars hanging there. Your home is warm and welcoming Joanne! Thank you for sharing, even if you didn't have goodies for us, you did give us lots of eye candy!

Dena said...

The Scriptures are a beautiful accent to your home. I love seeing ornaments and other decorations being put out that aren't as "perfect" as the once were. To me that's the special charm they now have. One of our shepherds has lost his staff too. :)

Aunt Angie said...

Oh Joanne...I just sat myself right down and enjoyed the tree! I LOVE Christmas trees. \
This was so sweet of you to invite me over....I will be back for the fattening....include your recipes too would ya?

I love you dearly!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us tour! I love your decorations, and the arch with the Scripture and shabby chic windows over it is SO CUTE!!

Have a blessed holiday!

Lina said...

The movie poster is my favorite! Beautiful home and one blessed family!

Elizabeth M Thompson said...

Thanks for showing us around! your home is beautiful!

3CHEERS4MOM said...

Your home was just beautiful. I love your bit of cheer to your chandelier. ;)
Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas. –Cheers, Amy

Kether said...

Add me to the arch fan club! Lovely. Such a sense of peace and love in your home! Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

I love the entryway arch to your house and the verses you have on either side. Merry Christmas!

Melodie Norman Haas said...

Your archway and chandelier are my favorites but everything is beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

Lauren said...

It all looks great! I love your chandelier!

Darla said...

aw, i love it's a wonderful life too, and everything looks wonderful! thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a beautifully decorated home! I love scriptures over the arches to your home. What a wonderful touch all year round!
Thanks for the tour!

Carrie said...

i adore the verse on the archway! what a beautiful display of christmas cheer!!!

momstheword said...

Joanne, I loved the Christmas tour! We have some ornaments and decorations that are the worse for wear too. Loved the scripture and the shutters!

Anonymous said...

I love it! thanks for showing us around :)

the voice of melody said...

What a beautifully decorated tree you have! And I like your nativity set too. It's just precious. ;)

Nise' said...

The hand made ornaments with the kids pictures on them are my favorite. My kids are not at the age where they cringe when I put them on the tree.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for coming over to tour my home! With so many homes, my it's gonna take us till Jan to tour them all!!

Oh my, where do I start with your home! I love those chippy windows and the stars hanging, and all the ways you have written God's Word upon your heart and hearth!!

By leaving a comment you have been signed up for 1 of 2 giveaway that I am giving!!

blessings
mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne! What a lovely home and family your have! Love your decor. You asked about Yorkshire Pudding on my blog. Strange but true Yorkshire Pudding is a puffed bread and not pudding at all. You use the hot pan drippings and pour batter into a pan and watch them bake up all puffed and then you serve them with the roast and au jus...

Anne said...

I love the verses you have written on the wall! Everything is so pretty:). Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

You have some great helpers! Your chandelier looks so pretty and Christmassy! Thanks for the tour - it all looks great!

Manuela

Keetha Broyles said...

Very nice!!! Being a collector of tea "things" I noticed your Christmas tea set right off!!!

Also - - - I LOVE the distressed windows in the transom area above your doorway.

Merry Christmas

Shellee said...

Your home is lovely...merry Christmas!

Momma P said...

Thanks for the wonderful tour...I had a great time! What a beautiful home and your writing made me feel like I was actually there, great job!

Anonymous said...

I love the entryway to your home!

Best wishes to you and your family during this Holiday season.

momstheword said...

Really? I haven't seen it but then I don't usually frequent toy aisles anymore. Yeah, I can't imagine why any child would want this doll.

jill said...

Thanks for sharing your holiday home. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your house - the Precious Moments nativity (I got one in my teens too, what's up with that?), the arch, the chandelier (from a garage sale - man!). Thank you for having me over! Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family.

Becky said...

Your home is gorgeous!
I love all the scriptures over your doorways and I have been wanting to do that!!
Did you do that? Did you free hand? stencil?
Merry Christmas!!!

Jana said...

love the stars hanging in the entry way!

Growin' With It said...

i thought just seeing that pic of your tree and 2 chairs was inviting before. now i wanna move in! i LOVE the archway with scripture. so beautiful and meaningful.

oh and my joseph is missing his head, so how's that for pitiful? and lastly, my word verti is exchited...couldn't agree more!

ASHLEY said...

YOUR DECORATIONS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!

Kara said...

How beautiful! I love all of your decor! The Bible verses on your walls are so cool! Merry Christmas!
In Christ Love,
Kara - North Texas
John 3:30

LindaSue said...

Love the story about the bell - sweet traditions and memories shared are such a big part of a holiday celebration. Love the kitchen chandelier - thanks for having us by - don't worry about no cookies - I'm stuffed from quality control on baking I did this week!

Zaankali said...

Your house looks beautiful! It looks like you are enjoying this Christmas.
Smiles!

Jane said...

I love the arched doorway with the scripture and the stars.

StephieAnne said...

It's all so beautiful - what a wonderful tour you gave us. I can't believe that arch entry - so gorgeous!

The Pennington Point said...

Everything looks so lovely. Your helpers (and you) did a great job. Dad doesn't know what he's missin'. Lisa~

Unknown said...

I love your decorations! It's all so warm and cozy!!

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Love the verses over your arches!

Chelle' said...

FIrst, can I say how happy I am that there are 46 comments before mine??

Next, I love your home and want desperately to see it for myself decorated for Christmas. THIS year NOT next.

Love you girl.

KarenW said...

Beautiful! I love the stars in the archway.

Carrie said...

Your house and decor is beautiful but I am in love with your archway! The windows, the verse, the snowflakes ... all of it!
I also love the music playing. I am a Trans Siberian Orchestra freak! Seeing them on the 22nd in Indy for the 8th year in a row! Thank you so much for sharing. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Sam and Mandy said...

Everything looks great! I love your christmas dishes!

phillips phamily said...

What a wonderful story about your bell tradition! That's what makes a family's memories. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Tamara Jansen said...

I just adore the verse above your arch! what a beautiful idea :)

Merry Christmas

Michie said...

Thank you for the tour. I love the arches with the stars hanging down! I love It's A Wonderful Life too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin