Saturday, December 27, 2008
Happy Birthday Dad
It's my dad's birthday today. In honor of all sixty-three candles on his cake, I thought I would give ten reasons why I love my father.
1. I grew up hearing (and still hear), "I love you Joey, I'm so proud of you honey."
2. He has a good sense of humor. (But please don't ask him to tell a joke.)
3. My memories of growing up are very good ones.
4. He blessed his family with his hard work and love of God and country. (He is a former U.S. Marine and Viet Nam vet)
5. He loves Jesus with ALL his heart and is one of my greatest prayer warriors.
6. He only made a few angry comments about my buying a foreign car when I was a teenager.
7. He loved my mother.
8. He genetically passed down his love of writing and his love of peanut butter.
9. He gave me his bossy...Ahem, I mean his leadership traits.
10. He taught me to never ever give up.
On your birthday today Dad, I want you to know that I am grateful that God gave me to you.
I love you pop.