Friday, January 23, 2009
Happy Birthday Grace!
Ten years ago today your daddy gently placed nine pounds of swaddled love in my arms. You took my breath away. As you have grown, there have been so many more breathless moments. We stand in awe of the young lady you are becoming.
Your name Grace Anne means grace full of grace, or unmerited favor full of unmerited favor. That is what you are to your daddy and I - a gift from God that neither of us deserved. A double portion of His abundant grace and favor in our lives.
There aren't words beautiful enough in our English language to express our love for you Grace Anne.
So, since your mother's words fall short, I thought I would make a list of a few of the reasons why we believe God has given us the very best ten year old daughter in the whole wide world.
1. Your love being around your family.
2. You have a laugh that is contagious.
3. Everywhere we go, you make a new friend.
4. You hate to see someone sad or hurt.
5. You are my biggest helper when I decorate our house for Fall and at Christmas.
6. No one plays Hot Cross Buns on a saxophone like you can!
7. You are the only child we have that makes us check out the nursery at church to see all the pretty babies.
8. You watch over your little brother like a mama hen.
9. You sing Amazing Grace like a living angel.
10. Did I already mention that you are the cutest thing ever?
On this very special day, we want you to know how much we love you. We thank God so often for placing you in our lives.
We can't wait for you to see your birthday gift from all of us...and yes, you do have to wait until after school!