Thursday, April 2, 2009
Happy Birthday Samuel!
Samuel, you are eight years old today. WOW! I wish I could stop time so you would always be able to run and jump into my arms and climb up into my lap for a cuddle. But already you are getting pretty big, and when you run into me, I can't help but feel like a lineman blocking a tackle.
Eight years ago today your Daddy and I held the biggest baby we'd ever had in our arms. You were TEN POUNDS! The biggest of all your brothers and sisters. We all love you so very much sweetheart. You know you have us all wrapped around your tiny little pinky finger. So, I thought that since you are eight years old, I would share eight things that I absolutely, postiively, LOVE about my handsome young man.
1. I am still amazed at how much you eat for breakfast. It pleases this mommy-heart of mine when you ask me for seconds. Yep, my cooking is the best in the world, thank you for always teling me that.
2. Your heart is tender towards people who are hurting. Honey, you probably won't understand until you have children of your own someday, just how special your gift of mercy is.
3. You never give up. If video games are any indication, you will remain steadfast and resolute all of your live-long days.
4. Have I mentioned yet just how smart you are? Learning comes so easy to you. Winner of your spelling bee, straight A's in school. Yep, you are one smart kid.
5. Your laugh lights up my heart. You are a real trixster and love a funny joke. What a blessing your joy is to me.
6. You still love to cuddle. Maybe because you are my baby, I know just how fast this time will pass. I LOVE that you still climb into bed with us in the mornings when you are cold.
7. You are a clone of your father. It still makes me laugh when I think of what a clone you are of your dad. You've inherited his patience and gentle nature. It takes ALOT to get you angry. (Your sister Grace is a pro at that, isn't she?)
8. You love God. When we do our morning devotions together, it never ceases to amaze me when I end up learning from you instead of the other way around. His word you have kept in your heart and I pray that you will always find it hard to sin against Him.
Happy Birthday sweet boy. May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He continue to make his face shine upon you. He has such a beautiful plan for your life honey. And as long as I am here, your Mommy will be praying for you and helping you every step of the way.
I LOVE YOU!!!! Mommy