Friday, May 14, 2010
Five GREAT Things About the Stomach Flu
Nothing can cause a mother to jump higher out of bed (in a dead sleep), or get her heart racing faster than Nascar, like these five simple words: "Maawwwwmmmmm, I'M GONNA BE SICK!"
For the first time in three years, we are experiencing a family-stomach-flu-a-thon. Going on now for two weeks, I won't regale you with the details, but it's been ugly. Since I try to see my Pepto-Bismal bottle half full, I thought I'd share five GREAT things about the stomach flu.
1. Quality time with your children. We've laid on the bed, couch, and floor together. Nothing says quality time like tag-teaming it in the bathroom.
2. Memories. We're making memories here. Every family needs a good stomach flu story to share with the in-laws at Christmas.
3. Jello. When was the last time you've spent DAYS eating Jello?
4. You get to play WHODUNNIT? for hours. Curled up in the fetal position, I've racked my brain trying to figure out whodunnit!? Who could have been so kind to share this bug with all of us?
5. Blue jeans fit much better. Before I get re-hydrated and gain back the three pounds I lost, I will proudly wear my 501's with a pale-faced smile!