Thursday, October 28, 2010

Manuscript Launched!

At 11:18pm last night, 53,521 words were launched into cyberspace. Their destination? Two computers—one in an office in Kansas City, the other in Colorado Springs. My manuscript now awaits the eyes of my editor and agent. Oddly enough, a feeling of relief hasn’t hit me yet. Maybe because I know this is far from over…really only the beginning.

From here, I await the editors red pen and the rewrites—the polish needed to make this book shine. The title has been decided; Just too Busy—Taking Your Family on a Radical Sabbatical, the cover will be decided by December 1st. Meanwhile, I am speaking at local churches, which has been such a blessing. People have been so encouraging and welcoming. God has opened door after door and I have not doorbell-ditched Him, not once.

I’ve missed blogging. A lot. It has been one of the things I had to let go while writing. I can’t wait to catch up with everyone. You girls have blessed my heart. Your encouraging comments have inspired me more than you know.

My next few posts will be about the journey of writing. The calling, the lessons I learned, and how I decided to celebrate the completion of my first book…I think I should begin with that post.

After submitting a 246 page document last night to my publisher, I decided today to use a teensy-weensy bit of my advance and treat myself to something I've only dared to dream about.

I think you girls may approve. The video below might give you a hint. So, what is your guess? Wait. Let me rephrase the question. "How would you treat yourself if you could?"


 




13 comments:

Mari said...

I think you are going to let someone clean your house so you can spend time with the family - which sounds like something I would like to do!

mariel said...

Congratulations on sending forth your project!! I pray your editing is not TOO tedious!! It nearly slayed me with details and approvals and such...but I assume, that like childbirth, once we hold those finished products, the pain will be nearly forgotten!! :) Can't wait to read your book...it is one I know my family will be blessed by!! :)

BARBIE said...

Congratulations on this accomplishment. I know you still have a ways to go, but you must be elated! Very exciting!

Denise said...

Congrats, so proud of you sis.

kelliebellmer said...

aww - the wisdom of Alice - sure could use her around here too :) God bless your book my friend.

Erin MacPherson said...

ohhhh.... HUGE congratulations!! That's a BIG deal and I hope you're taking some time to celebrate. And, just so you know, at least for me, the editorial process was MUCH less involved when it came to editing. The original manuscript was the big thing!

Danie Marie said...

So proud of you Joanne! Congratulations! The Lord will continue with you on this journey to publication. Wow, wow, Lord! You are so good. Continue to bless my friend.

As for your question, are you purchasing a telescope???

Recovering Lutheran said...

Many congratulations!

Tea with Tiffany said...

:)
I'm so proud of you, Joanne.

I can't wait to shout out about your new book.

I'm sure it's already singing.

Love you

LisaShaw said...

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your visit to my blog and your comment on an earlier message. I was blessed to hear from you. I'm praying for and with you...praising GOD for what He's doing in you and congratulations!!!

When it's all said and done, I look forward to a copy in my hands.

Blessings and love to you dear one!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your manuscript!!! Hmmm...are you hiring an Alice? :)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

An alice? A whistle? A mike brady? Whatever it is, it's well-deserved.

peace~elaine

Kathy Schwanke said...

You are going to get an ALICE!!! I absolutely LOVE the title of your book!!!
Blessings on all of it!
~Kathy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin