Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thanksgiving Smells Delicious


That title is a bit misleading. I'm not talking about the leftovers that can stink up your fridge days after the holiday, or the way Aunt Gertie shows up on Thanksgiving wearing her dime-store perfume that lingers for weeks after she goes home.

No, I'm talking about the cinnamon, pumpkin, turkey-in-the-oven smells.

Which Thanksgiving scent brings you right back to a meal at your grandma's house?

Right now, my house smells pretty amazing. Today was our fall soup feast at our church. I made my favorite Chicken Tortilla soup.

Thank you Barefoot Contessa!

I've been MIA for awhile, but wanted you to know I plan on posting quite a bit this week. There's lots going on in our neck of the woods and I plan on sharing.

Our anniversary is Tuesday, and I think it's time for a mushy-gushy post to my hubby. Whaddya think?



1 comment:

mariel said...

definately gonna try the that chicken tortilla soup!! also, i love gushy emails about hubs b/c in this age of divorce there is nothing more glorifying to God than a marriage where a man and woman are living out the firgivness and love the Lord commands! many blessings to you and your man as you celebrate the goodness of God!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin