Saturday, September 1, 2007

Sunday Breakfast Recipe

A few Sundays ago, my mother and father in-law came by for breakfast before heading off to church with us. I LOVE to make recipes from the www.bbonline.com site. The recipe below was from this site. I made these waffles and they were a hit! Friends, this one is a keeper. I have changed the name from it's original 'Town Creek Pecan Waffles' to 'Joanne's Famous Pecan Waffles' in my personal recipe book. It is a shameful lesson I learned from my own mother...remind me to tell you sometime about her delicious 'Mary Lou's Delight' dessert! Happy Weekend!

Joanne's Famous Pecan Waffles

Ingredients
2 extra large eggs1 3/4 cups buttermilk1/2 cup butter2 teaspoons vanilla extract1 3/4 cups all purpose flour2 tablespoons brown sugar2 teaspoons baking powder1 tablespoon baking soda1 teaspoon salt1/2 cup chopped pecans1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Steps
1. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla.2. In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients.3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.4. Prepare waffle iron by spraying with vegetable oil. Preheat the iron. Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto waffle iron. Cook according to your waffle iron instructions.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin