1. I was born in Laguna Beach, California.
2. Laguna Beach is the name of an actual beach...I wasn't born on the beach. I was born in a hospital.
3. I am the oldest of four children, 3 girls and a boy.
4. Some believe this is why I am bossy.
5. My family tells me I get my bossiness from my dad.
6. My dad is a former U.S. Marine and served three tours in Viet Nam.
7. I was raised by very patriotic parents.
8. My husband is the same.
9. We fly the American flag on a 20ft flagpole in front of our house…daily.
10. I love Jesus and want my time here on earth to be a daily outward reflection of His forgiveness and grace.
11. Jesus changed my world at the age of 30, when I finally gave Him my heart… and my life.
12. I will never be the same. Thank you God!
13. I will be 40 on my next birthday.
14. It doesn’t bother me as much as I thought it would.
15. Though I am shocked when I look closely in the mirror.
16. I grew up in small town in Northern California.
17. Soccer was my favorite sport in high school and I was a pretty good player.
18. I was on a championship team and the captain of our Girls Varsity Soccer team.
19. If I were to run 100ft now I would need to be resuscitated.
20. I love being married.
21. My husband is my best friend.
22. Being a mom is my greatest accomplishment.
23. My prayer for my children is that they would live each and every day knowing that God loves them and that He has a special plan just for them.
24. I am already praying for my future sons and daughter in laws.
25. You will never hear me say, “Not my kids!”
26. We spend quite a bit of time together as a family.
27. Not as much as I’d like, but more than most.
28. My favorite food is Baskin Robbins Peanut Butter and Chocolate ice cream.
29. I crave peanut butter more than chocolate.
30. I could always make my mom laugh.
31. My mother was voted homecoming queen her sophomore year in high school.
32. She would hate that I put that down.
33. My mom had cancer.
34. She died at the age of 54.
35. I still cry for her sometimes.
36. One of my sisters lives close by with her family.
37. I am so grateful for that.
38. Now I make her laugh.
39. Last year I made her laugh until she peed her pants.
40. Wherever I go I look for someone to talk to.
41. I love hearing people share their life stories.
42. My husband changes the channel on TV if there is someone sharing a life experience. He knows I will want to watch.
43. I believe the best of my life is still ahead of me.
44. Elderly people are so interesting to me.
45. I think I am going to make a great old lady someday.
46. If someone cries, I will cry too.
47. I met my best girlfriend at a police department.
48. We weren’t in jail together…we both worked there.
49. She is the only other person I know as loud as me.
50. Each friend I have had has taught me something.
51. I still send them all Christmas cards.
52. My husband makes fun of my Christmas card list.
53. He says he doesn’t know half of the people I send them too.
54. But I do…
55. I love Women’s Bible studies.
56. I wish I could do a Bible study with my extended family…I know they would LOVE it.
57. Writing is a passion of mine.
58. I started a journal for each of my children as soon as I found out I was pregnant.
59. Now I write in their personal journals on their birthdays.
60. My teenage daughter has already asked for hers.
61. I don’t think I will give it to her until she becomes a mom.
62. I would love to write a book someday.
63. But I am intimidated by my lack of education.
64. I am addicted to laughing.
65. There is nothing better than a good hearty belly laugh. You know...the kind of laugh that makes you hurt and feel like you are doing a never-ending sit-up.
66. I hate sit-ups.
67. I love to walk.
68. My walking buddy forces me to walk with her at 6am almost every morning.
69. I don’t like her for the first 5 minutes of every walk.
70. I have a lot of pet peeves.
71. Number one is people without ambition.
72. The other is people with lots of excuses.
73. I tell my children they can be anything they want to be.
74. My son told me at the age of 4 that when he grew up he was going to be a fireman or a lion tamer.
75. Some people tell me I have the gift of hospitality.
76. I love having people over.
77. I offer our home for almost any gathering.
78. I guess they may be right.
79. Taking pictures is a passion of mine.
80. Right below writing.
81. I can get anxious thinking about how my husband hasn’t backed up our digital pictures on our computer.
82. He is a very slow, I mean patient man.
83. I have never been told I have the gift of patience.
84. Speaking in front of crowds doesn’t scare me, I actually enjoy it.
85. My oldest daughter loves it.
86. My dream is to go on a cross country RV trip with our family.
87. I have been to Washington D.C.
88. I would love to live in one of the New England states or in a home in the south.
89. My husband says I would hate the snow.
90. He is probably right.
91. Another dream trip of mine is to go back east during the changing of the leaves.
92. I LOVE FALL.
93. Dark and gloomy days put me in a good mood.
94. I put a big dent in my husbands 9 day new pick up truck.
95. The next day I killed our Suburban engine...
96. ..on the way to get our family pictures taken.
97. My husband didn’t look happy in those pictures.
98. Our daughter will be driving in a few weeks.
99. Pray for us.
100. She is a lot like her mother.