Tuesday, February 12, 2008

'Blessed' Books - Tuesday



Are you getting tired of Christian non-fiction books yet? I promise to post a fiction book next week, but for now, here is a book that is on my annual reading list...

'A Woman After God's Own Heart' by author Elizabeth George was one of the first books I read after becoming a Christian. I know that some people read her books can become stressed out over how far they may be missing the mark of godly womanhood. I find her books quite the contrary. I love to read something that encourages me to the high calling which was planned for my life even before I was even born...or should I say re-born to it! If you haven't read this book, get it. You will be 'Blessed'.




Today you are getting a 'twofer' book post! For those of you moms out there with young daughters, here is a book for you. This book would be a wonderful book for a mother/daughter or aunt/niece, youth group leader/preteens and teenagers...'A Young Woman After God's Own Heart', again by author Elizabeth George. If you feel like you just don't have the time to do a daily Bible study with your daughter, take a chapter a week and sit with her and do a devotion. Go over the points in the chapter that speak to your heart and let your daughter share what she thought was important in the chapter to her. It can open a great dialogue between the two of you.

And like I say, there is not much difference between toddlers and teenagers. They both need your undivided attention to grow and thrive from the love and one on one time you give them.




3 comments:

Mari said...

I did a study by Elizabeth George a few years ago. I can't remember the name of the book we used, but it was on being a Godly wife. It was really good and you are right - she inspires you to a high calling.

Zaankali said...

This is too funny. I have been working on my 100th post today, it is still in draft mode, and one of the questions that I will be answering is what book, other than the bible, has most influenced my life. It is Elizabeth George's "A Woman After God's Own Heart." Isn't that crazy that you posted this book the same day I am working on a post with it in it? Crazy!
Smiles!

Unknown said...

Both great books! My daughter has LOVED the ones written for her age! Isn't it nice that there is something that good out there for teen girls? I bought copies of it, and gave them to her friends as well, for gifts.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin