Well, I've been tagged by my sweet friend, Starr at Threshold Moments. I met Starr while at the She Speaks conference in North Carolina last month. She was in my writing critique group on Friday evening. She was such a sweet encourager to both myself and the other gal with us. She sat beside me when we took our classes on, "How to write a book." and wasn't the least bit miffed when I needed to copy off of her notes when I fell behind in class.
Starr, where were you in 1986 when I needed you?!?
She has tagged me to participate in this meme, and I would do just about anything for her. These are the rules:1) Link to the person who tagged you2) Post the rules on your blog (this is what you are now reading)3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below)4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them (This is only a game)5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up. Here are the six VERY random things about me, myself and I:
Random things about me....
1) I am the most functionally disorganized person I know. I have piles of papers and books set in areas of my house. I know pretty much what is in each of these piles, well, I at least know which area of the house to search when I need to find something. Let me just leave it at that.
2) My husband and I leave our children at least once each week to grab a coffee and have an hour or two alone together. Some people are so used to seeing us without our kids that they are shocked when we tell them we have four children. Hmmmm, is this considered neglect?
3) There is no one worse at returning phone calls than me. This may come as a surprise to some of you who knew my mother. My mom was queen of the telephone. I have come to dislike it quite a bit. I would much rather email a quick couple of sentences, than to call on the phone. I think that I am turning into my husband. (Dad if you are reading this, I got the phone message you left a couple of days ago..I know we haven't talked in weeks, I will call you, I promise!)
4) I am awful at remembering birthdays. (By the way, so is my husband.) I had to apologize just today, to my aunt. I forgot to have my children call on her granddaughters birthday (my cousin). Will someone in my family PLEASE make me a calendar for Christmas with all of the family dates on it? Who says that Grandma is the only one who needs one!
5) As parents we are more strict than our parents were with us as children. There is way too much to list here. Ask me any question you are curious about....but yes, all of our children are in bed by 8pm.
6) My husband says I suffer from "Convalescent Cuisine". I love tapioca pudding, ambrosia, bread pudding and rice pudding. All of the above can bring a fast gag reflex on for my hubby. I recently bought some Maple Nut ice cream from a man who said that that flavor was a favorite among the elderly. Go figure.
Now, I'm not going to select any one or even six of you. I am going to suggest that you check out a few of my "Blessed Blogs" on my sidebar. I have an amazing collection of gals there who would love to receive a comment or two, or three from you! If you are one of my blog friends and want to play along, please let me know so I can link back to ya!
But, if you're a lurking gal who just loves to sit back and not say a word. Make today the day that your voice is heard!