Thursday, August 14, 2008

Blessed are those who weep and mourn, for they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4

It's difficult to explain to people who don't believe in Jesus, that grief for a Christian is different. I read Iris' blog from Sting My Heart today and learned that Greg Laurie's thirty three year old son recently passed away in a car accident. For those of you who don't know Greg Laurie, he is a gifted pastor from Southern California. He has a heartbreaking past which has been redeemed by Christ. Ask just about anyone in the L.A. area and they will have heard about Greg Laurie and his Harvest Crusades. He is an evangelist who is the real deal.

Sadly, it's the pastors who have fallen who make the headline news, and we cringe, both for the believer and for the unbeliever who are watching. Yet, that is really what it is all about, we are being watched.

Do we really believe what we say we believe?

There was a time in my life that I didn't believe. I thought I did. But when I really asked myself if I knew without a doubt I would go to Heaven....I couldn't answer with a passionate "Yes."

Take a few minutes below and watch the video from the memorial of Chris Laurie. Pastor Greg is showing the world that we grieve with hope.

Why would you want to grieve any other way?







7 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you for sharing this.

i said...

Thank you for sharing this. Have a blessed day!

Mari said...

What a touching but powerful video. I see evidence of this frequently at my job because I see people when their loved ones are dying. There is often a huge difference in how a family handles the death of their parent when that parent is a Christian. Thanks so much for sharing this.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

a powerful word of witness. Who can fathom it all?!

Thanks for drawing it to my attention. Look forward to hearing from you soon regarding your writing, maybe next week? No pressure.

peace~elaine

Amy said...

I can't even imagine dealing with something like this, but I dealing with it without faith is just inconceivable.

Fran said...

I saw this the other day and was just blown away and completely encouraged and blessed.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Much love,
Fran

A Stone Gatherer said...

Saw this on Iris' blog! I had never heard of him before! Awesome testimony!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin