Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Happy Birthday My Sweet Boy!
Fourteen years ago today the doctor placed an 8lb 5oz baby boy in my arms. Twenty four hours ago, that very same baby boy, is now a young man walking into his first day of high school. Wasn't it just yesterday that I snapped this picture of you in Kindergarten?
When you were born I remember looking into your sweet little face and thinking, "What in the world am I going to do with a boy?!?" Being raised with mostly girls and having your sister Meghan, I was surrounded by dolls and tutu's!
In a matter of moments, you changed my world and I am grateful to God for it.
So, for the record, here are a couple of things I would have never experienced if you had not been in my life.
Without you, I would have never:
1. ...gone worm-hunting.
2. ...had the opportunity to give a tadpole a funeral.
3. ...learned that when a child yells, "Look what I found!" it is ok to say, "No thank you." when they ask you if you'd like to look into their cupped hands.
4. ...noticed a dragonfly in a forest of leaves.
5. ...known that it is a God-given desire for a boy to sleep with his dog.
6. ...learned how to remove a tick from a human body.
7. ...realized that a dandelion given to you by your son is more beautiful than a thousand roses.
8. ...been able to find the perfect skipping rock.
9. ...known that I was the best cook in the whole wide world!
10. ...been complete without you in my life son.
On the anniversary of the first day of your life, I am overwhelmed with joy that God placed you in mine. You have brought me so many precious moments. There has been an abundance of joy in our home because of you David.
God has a beautiful plan for you. Your name means "Beloved", and that is what you are to all of us.
Always remember who you are and whose you are.
Son, you can't dream dreams big enough for what God has for you. And whatever those dreams may be, your Dad and I will be running right alongside you, cheering you on to victory.
Happy Birthday honey.