Monday, March 2, 2009

P31 Woman Magazine- A Promise Given - A Promise Fulfilled


Last Monday I hurried home. No, not to clean my kitchen, and no, not to get dinner ready. I couldn't wait to check my mailbox to see if my one precious copy of P31 Woman magazine had arrived for February.


My magazine article is out this month, See Jane Run. For those of you who get it, just a hint, don't let my grandma know you threw it away. She doesn't have a copy. You could probably make your mortgage payment selling her a copy or two.


Even though the Lord had given me promises of publishing my work, and even after editors had confirmed the Lord's promises by publication, I still struggle with unbelief. Seeing the tangible promise of God to me, in the form of a magazine, brought unexplainable joy to my heart. Once again confirming that He has begun a good work in me (in you too!) and He is going to complete it.

Have you ever felt God tell you something? Has He whispered a precious promise in your ear and confirmed it to your heart - through His word?
Sisters, if you have been given a promise from God, hold on to it with every bit of strength you have.

If you begin to lose sight of what He has told you, it is not because He is unfaithful and it is not because He has forgotten you. Maybe, just maybe, you are trying to see His promise to you fulfilled in your time, with human eyes. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen.


Get in His word and stay in His word until He speaks. Then, pray His promise back to the very one who has promised you eternity. We have such an awesome, loving, forgiving God as our father. He loves you so very much. He wants to pour out His promises in your life. Sweet sisters, lets begin taking God at His word.


"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." Phil. 1:6





18 comments:

{darlene} said...

Waiting for the culmination of His promises can be o-so-HARD! I just hate to wait, and I seldom seem to remember that: He is faithful.
And He is.
I praise Him that He is working through you, dear one! Congratulations on this blessing of obedience.

Darlene

Mari said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm going to look for the magazine and tell my family - I know her!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your article!

the promise of so many things from Him! makes me feel all tingly inside!

Lisa Spence said...

Congratulations! May the Lord use your words to bring glory to His Son Jesus and to further His kingdom!

momstheword said...

Phil 1:6 is my life verse! It reminds me of God's faithfulness to me. I loved what you said about human eyes. Human eyes tend to rely on human strength, which will fail us every time.

I'm excited for you about the article. I haven't heard of that magazine so will have to check out the link. Did you put your blog URL in the magazine?

Unknown said...

Congratulations! So excited for you!

Unknown said...

I want to read it!!!!

I posted your testimony again. The one you wrote about your titus 2 woman. I am posting some of my favorites again!

PotterMama said...

I just happened to stumble upon your blog, I am in LOVE! I have had a rough time with my faith growing up, about 6 months ago, my husband and I visited a church that has come to change our lives in so many ways! God has been SO great to us, I am looking forward to reading more of your inspirational post's!

Kate said...

I am so happy for you right now that I can't even tell you!!!! That is so wonderful. G-d NEVER goes back on His promises, that is so true. And yes, I think that is one of life's greatest travesties, to lose sight of a dream and a promise given by G-d.

CalvaryGirl said...

congrats on getting published! Praise the Lord! Hey, would you mind praying for us today (Tuesday) please? Thanks so much!

~Wendy~

Katie said...

Wow, I have tears in my eyes, Joanne! Thanks SO MUCH for that word of encouragement and truth. I really needed it! And congratulations on your awesome accomplishment!! =)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

First, thanks for the feature of my blog! You're the best. Second, as I've said before, congrats on your article! I celebrate with you this achievement and pray that when the enemy sneaks in with his discouragement (he will, you know...), that you be well fortified with the truth of who you are in Jesus Christ. I was struck again this morning with Christ's simple yet profound command to "go and make disciples." Whether it be over a cup of coffee, an article in a magazine, a night spent at a lavish banquet, or bathing the crud off a six year old,...

we are given the incredible and humble privilege of "going" on behalf of Jesus for his kingdom come.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is more important than that.

Love you, dear friend, and consider it a joy to be yoked alongside you in this season of our lives.

peace~elaine

Elizabeth M Thompson said...

Joanne, it is so much fun watching God unfold the roadmap of your writing and speaking journey! I'm glad you are transparent and share your moments of doubt and your moments of triumph!

This is only the beginning, my friend.

North Jersey Christian Writers Group said...

Congratulations@ She Writes!! and she's now published! May this be the first step on your road to further publication that others might be blessed by the words the Lord has shared through you.
Love you girl, and I'm so very happy for you!
Susan

Aunt Angie said...

Couldn't help it....tears pooled. When I read this..and then thought of my own promises...to be good...to do better...and then failure. Again. But Joanne....HE has never failed to keep His promises...the Bible says that His promises are Yea and AMEN.---CONCRETE. Resolute. Unchangeable. His power and love overwhelms this old country girl...to the point of tears. Again.
I love you dear California friend...you could very well be a blood sister!

Fran said...

Girl....I'm soooo proud of you. My magazine is still on the counter but I'm going to get it now. And, I'm sure I'll get all misty-eyed! :)

Way to go!
Blessings~
Fran

Grace said...

Hi Joanne, I found your blog from Michelle's.
It is so nice to be in a blog that glorifies God's name. :)

Pia said...

phil 1:6 is my favorite verse. not sure but i think it's my first time here or maybe not...
thank you for this post because i was really so encouraged. you were like talking to me here.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin