Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A bookcase by any other name...

Words are magical. It's no surprise that most writers love to read. Good readers are good writers and great readers are great writers. Or so I've been told. If you are a faithful blogger, you may not realize this yet, but you are a writer too! The only difference is that your words are typed onto a computer screen, not onto the pages of a book

Not yet anyway.

Books transport me to other worlds, comfort me when I am hurting, and make me laugh out loud when my day needs a little pizazz. We all know that God is the creator and originator of the Word. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1

The Word of God put on flesh and came down on earth to walk around and show us just what God looks like, acts like, and most especially, loves like. I am so grateful for Jesus and His precious Word in my life.

I am also very grateful for my talented woodworking father-in-law, who built me these gorgeous, two-sided, built-in bookcases.




Just as my arms have held my four precious babies, these bookcases will be holding millions of words penned by authors around the world. By far, the greatest story this man-made book sanctuary will hold will be the one penned by my precious savior.

The greatest story ever written. When His Word came down and dwelt among us.


p.s. And yes, I am wearing my red slippers in this picture. Doesn't every fashionista mom have a pair?

12 comments:

Mari said...

What a beautiful bookcase! It will be cherished I'm sure, not only for what it holds but because of who made it!

Jaclyn said...

Ooooooo...I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a build in bookcase like that someday...you are a lucky woman!

Beth in NC said...

Ohhhh, I LOVE them Joanne! And I LOVE that green chair too!!! I need some cases like that myself.

What a blessed lady! :o)

Paula V said...

Beautiful and what a great idea of being two-sided. It make for a great room divider...

Unknown said...

That is a gorgeous bookcase!!

{darlene} said...

love those red slippers, I mean, bookcases.
no seriously. I LOVE those bookcases!

Anonymous said...

I read your comment on Chris's blog & hopped over here. Those book cases are great.
Blessings,
J. Aday Kennedy
The Differently-Abled Children's Author
www.jadaykenedy.com
http://jadaykennedy.blogstop.com/

Anonymous said...

gotta love a family member who is a woodworker! what a beautiful perspective on your bookcases...you ARE a fantastic writer!

North Jersey Christian Writers Group said...

Wow! I'd love your father-in-law to make me a set! That's exactly what I need for my new work area (I redeemed my neglected living room). Too bad I live a country-width away! I'm showing the picture to my hubby, who could make it if he ever had any free time. Looks like I'll be waiting a LONG time for mine!
Susan

Lisa Spence said...

Beautiful! One can never have too many bookcases!

Katie said...

I agree about the red slippers, I have a pair with white fur trim that my husband gave me, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! haha =)

Chelle' said...

THose bookcases are almost as precious as you!!! Love you! And your red slippers :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin