Thursday, April 9, 2009

Your Loved Ones Don't Miss You



Do you have loved ones in Heaven? If you do, I'm here to tell you that they don't miss you.

They really don't.

Anyone close to me knows that my husband and my children are my life. I love them to pieces. BUT, when I was at Mount Hermon, in the midst of other believers- worshipping God together through His Word, through song, and through our gifts of writing, I was home.

By day three, when I should have been aching to be with the ones I love, I spoke with my husband Paul. "I love you sweetheart, but I don't miss you."

Sounds pretty harsh, I know, but it was the truth.
I learned this week that it's impossible to miss people when you are in His presence. I have heard many say they would rather be in Heaven, but I never really understood that. Sure, I love the Lord too, but rather be there than here?
Now I understand.


This was the natural waterfall and babbling brook that could be heard from my cabin. I had my quiet time with Him beside this stream each morning. It was such a beautiful fingerprint of what God had told me in His Word. "For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and springs, that flow out of valleys and hills." Deut. 8:7


God used His holy paintbrush to bring beauty to this blessed place.



Don't ever wonder about your loved ones again.


They still love you. But they don't miss you.






3 comments:

Marsha said...

Hey there girl!
I know exactly what you mean! I've been in that same situation...in His presence and just don't even give rise to thoughts of 'earthly matters'.

The Lord brought you to that place to receive the inspiration and direction you needed to glorify Him even more. What marvelous things He has planned for you! (And so glad the bloggers retreat is one of them! Angie just told me a little bit ago. Whoa-Whoo! Welcome aboard!)

LisaShaw said...

I just can't imagine that when we get to glory we'd remember earthy things and I agree that loved ones will love you but they won't know to miss you.

If they knew to miss you then they would be sad and in heaven there will be no tears and no sadness.

Love you dear sister and thanks for sharing your heart with us.

Chris said...

Don Piper (90 Minutes in Heaven) says the same thing. Once he came back from his 90 minutes being dead, he recalled that he did not think about anything or anyone left behind. Heaven is indeed our REAL home! ...And Mount Hermon is indeed a little slice of heaven.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin