Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mother's Day

I had the best Mother's Day today. I am in a euphoric state of joy...remember when you fell in love for the first time when you thought that there was no possible way that anyone else could possibly be as in love as the two of you? I feel the same way about my family. I think I have the sweetest, kindest children and husband in the world.


I probably should have warned you of the sugar-sappy content of this post.

Please don't remind me of the words I posted a few weeks ago (irritated mom-post click here) when I was highly frustrated with these near perfect cherubs.


For now, let me bask in the glory of my mommyhood.



Samuel made me the most beautiful necklace. Made with foam and beads, I know that I was the envy of all of the mommies today at church.





Grace painted me a gorgeous clay pot and planted the most beautiful white petunia inside of it. I am sure that no other child has ever painted a clay pot with the vibrant colors or the artistic talent that my precious Grace painted for me.


My teenage son David gave me a card with money inside to put towards my next trip to my favorite nursury. Did I mention that he gave me $10, the total amount he was paid yesterday for his babysitting job. He gave it all to me. I was so touched. Later today he helped me work in my garden.

My daughter Meghan made her mom a gourmet Italian dinner. Oh and did I mention the homemade chocolate cheesecake? That girl is one talented future mommy herself. Don't tell her I said that.

Yep, I scored big time.


17 comments:

Rebekah said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous Day!

Jonatha said...

I love the pictures! You are truly blessed and the gifts were also thoughtful :)

Cheri said...

You are indeed blessed with a wonderful family. Those are beautiful pictures of you with your kids.

Jess said...

Awww... very sweet.
You do have some thoughtful kids.
Glad you had a great day together.

~jess

Mari said...

What great kids! They were really thinking of you. Samuels gift made me think of the "large" white friendly plastic earrings that Laura made me for Mothers Day one year. She was so proud of them. I did wear them to church that day. I know the other Mom's were envious of me too!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Sounds like you made out pretty dog gone good! glad you had such a wonderful day!

Terri said...

I've had necklaces and pins like that before. When I wore mine to Bible study, they all were "jealous" too! I love watching the kids faces when they give a gift - they are so excited. Glad you had a great day.

Beth Cotell said...

Sounds like the perfect day!

Melissa said...

what sweet kids you have!

connorcolesmom said...

That is so sweet!
I know that the other mothers were envious of that necklace - so pretty!
Connor made me a necklace when he was 2 at school and I wear it every VAlentines day - he always beams b/c I never forget :)
Kids are great
Joanne,
You are one super mom and I can't wait to meet you in person
God bless
Kim

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. You truly are blessed!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Precious pictures Joanne

Paula V said...

Yes, indeed your are truly blessed. Relish in it!

Sheryl said...

You are blessed and you SO deserve it!! Look back on this post when you have another one of those "irritated mom" days.

Love,
Sheryl

Fran said...

You are indeed blessed Joanne!
You are such a blessing to us all and i'm beyond grateful to have found you this past year.

Press on sweet sister!!
Blessings~
Fran

elizabeth embracing life said...

Such sweetness and thought from your children. I often teeter on pride verses humility. Having so many kids to bless me, so wonderful and amazing in how they love and spoil me too. Your son David really touched my heart in that you know in the depth of your heart you have done right by that boy when he does something like this. A kid giving up $10 bucks at taht age is HUGE!!!

Shelly said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful Mom's day. The kids put some thought into your gifts and those were nice pictures of you with the kids. You can just feel the love that you have for them by the way you look at them. Great job Mommy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin