Monday, February 23, 2009
Are you too busy?
Are you too busy? I know, what a silly question. I am working hard on my my book on busyness for moms, so I thought I'd include some clues that were eye openers for me.
Top Ten Clues That I Was Too Busy...
1. My gas tank was forever on empty.
2. My kids thought all meals came with a side of fries.
3. We celebrated birthdays on the soccer field.
4. There was something horrible growing in my shower.
5. I was irritable...all...the...time.
6. A romantic night out was listening to our kids grammar school band perform Chop Sticks.
7. Quantity time had replaced quality time.
8. Chaos had become my closest companion.
9. I believed singing Jesus Take the Wheel on the way to a Girl Scout Meeting counted as my Bible study for the week.
10. I blinked and my daughter was seventeen.