Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm Outta Here!



This weekend I will be attending a Christian Writer's Conference in the Bay Area - ALONE.

Can I just brag a teensy bit and say that I have the best husband in the world? I am leaving early in the morning and making lots of stops to visit family and friends first. Let me rephrase that. My very first stop will be Starbucks.

Did I say Paul was the best husband in the world? Ok, maybe that's is a bit over dramatic.

I meant to say, in the infinite, gargantuan, elephantine Universe!

He is watching the kids so I can learn as much as I can, be encouraged and hear from the Lord. Oh, how I pray that He speaks to me above a whisper. That still small voice is hard to hear when you are busy yapping with other gals who enjoying writing like you do.

So if you happen to be on HWY 50 tomorrow morning, I will be the one in the minivan with the pumpkin scone stuffed in her mouth, singing at the top of her lungs, and more than likely making an illegal lane change.

Can't wait to share it all with you when I return!



16 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

I can so see that driving down the Hwy! Can't wait to hear about what the Lord shows you this weekend! Have fun and be safe!

Caroline said...

Have a great time, I just wanted to give you a heads up that my email address has changed, the new one is in my profile.
Have a good one!

Mari said...

Have a great time and learn lots too! PS - that Paul is a pretty good guy - I think you should keep him!

Jaclyn said...

Have fun! And of course Starbucks should be everyone's first stop when embarking on a road trip!

Growin' With It said...

phew...thought i was missing the rapture there for a minute. HAHAHA. what a wonderful weekend ahead of you and how do you find out about conferences like this? sounds absolutely AWESOME! look forward to hearing what you learn.

Anonymous said...

enjoy! time away sounds lovely and dreamy!

North Jersey Christian Writers Group said...

How wonderful! I hope and pray that you have a blessed time, and that you draw closer to God and His plan for you.
Your husband gets super bonus points for sure!
Susan

momstheword said...

Have a great time and eat lots and lots of food! What a blessing your husband is.

Paula V said...

You are such a hoot, Joanne...singing with a scone and illegal lane change.

Oh how I know what you mean when you say you hope He speaks to you louder than a whisper. Heck, even without gabbing girls distracting, I still need it louder than a whisper.

Hope you have a grand weekend. How wonderful you can have this conference close enough to drive.

Melanie said...

Have a great time!

Beth in NC said...

LOL ... I absolutely love the picture! And I'm sorry I will miss meeting the pumpkin muffin stuffin' woman on the road. Ha!

Have an awesome time with God-designed connections!

Love!
Beth

Tea with Tiffany said...

SO happy for you! Can't wait to hear the details. I went alone to my first writers conference and made some amazing new friends!

I've missed visiting you. I care.

Love,
Tiffany

I love your new look.

Lisa Spence said...

Have a fabulous time!

LisaShaw said...

I pray safe travels, an enjoyable time with all and that you HEAR from the LORD that which He is speaking to your heart.

May the Lord also bless your husband as he continues to be a blessing to you. It's a wonderful thing to have a sweet hubby and to be a sweet wife. I have one of those wonderful men as well. God is good.

Saw you over at my blog and thought I'd come visit wtih you. I love your header! I'll be back to hear all about your writer's conference.

Bless you.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could go with you!!!

hey you.... blahhhhhhgitty blaaahhh said...

Hope you have a great time! By the way, I LOVE the pumpkin scones!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin