Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Love Looks Like Fall Potpourri

LOVE looks like fall in our home.

And nothing screams fall like a delicious smelling home.
Each year I share this recipe. So, if you haven't made this yet,well, you're not the brightest hammer in the shed.

I am a HUGE fan of scented candles, pumpkin spice being my absolute favorite. I would have one burning all day long if I could afford it. Quite a few years ago I found a recipe online for simmering potpourri that you can make yourself. The scent that permeates your home from this blessed concoction can only be explained as heavenly!

I thought I would share
Joanne's World Famous Simmering Potpourri 
so your home can smell just as delicious.






5-10 cinnamon sticks

1 heaping tbsp whole cloves

2-3 bay leaves

1/2 sliced lemon

1/2 sliced orange


Put all ingredients in a pot of water on your stove.
Simmer over low heat, checking regularly so it doesn't boil over or burn out all water.


Now go and make your house smell like fall!



What does LOVE look like in your home?





14 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Well, that looks easy enough. Thanks for sharing as I'm one who hadn't seen this last year. :)

Despite ongoing hot weather in Phoenix, I can at least pretend it feels like fall. I love everything pumpkin!

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Mari said...

I made this before and it seems I got the instructions from you. It's wonderful and I'll have to make it again!

Chelle' said...

Not the first time I've heard the whole, "not the brightest hammer in the shed" thing... Better get to making that there nice smelling stuff. ;)

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh boy! Gonna have to try that. I do have a spiced pumpkin candle that I burn for a couple hours each day and I love it.
I could probably put this concoction in my little crockpot thingy.
Have a fabulous day my friend.
Kim

Anonymous said...

Yes...thank you for sharing!! I can't wait to try that out...looks and sounds like is smells so great!

Michele Williams said...

Oh, I need to get some oranges! I can just smell that from here!! I love the fall ... I missed it so much while living in Phoenix AZ. Blessings..

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! Joann, love this, will put some together soon. Thanks for sharing. And I will have to agree w/Chell's comment never heard the hammer and shed quoate! toooo cute!Have a Happy:) Thursday.

Denise said...

Awesome.

Unknown said...

I love this recipe!! Ever since you shared it a couple of years ago I've been using it! I even gave the dry ingredients to friends a couple times, including the citrus not cut up and told them to just simmer it all on the stove - they loved it!!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Oh Lisa, that's awesome! I never thought of doing something like that. What a great idea.

Niki Jolene said...

Bay leaves, huh? Good stuff! I have a bunch sitting in my spice cabinet doing nothing, seems like I hardly ever use them.

Neat tip!

Stop over and visit sometime at Free 2 Be Frugal.

Anonymous said...

oh I love fall! I want fall to come now! hehe

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for grandparents and caregivers said...

Hi Joanne, Thanks for this yummy smelling recipe. I have done this before with just cinnamon but never with all the rest of the ingredients. I will definitely be giving this a try during this delightful autumn season - a fun way of adding a new dimension to our fall decorations. Thank you :)

Unknown said...

Looks so beautiful and I bet it smells awesome! I'll have to give this a try!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin